1,242 bytes added
21:42, 20 September 2018
Created page with "'''Incremental reading''' is a technique for reading articles and learning/retaining information. Incremental reading seems to combine several techniques into a package: * I..."
'''Incremental reading''' is a technique for reading articles and learning/retaining information.
Incremental reading seems to combine several techniques into a package:
* It uses the regular spaced repetition suite of techniques ([[spaced repetition]] and [[active recall]])
* It mixes learning of new material with review of old material (in particular, one encounters completely new material during incremental reading, unlike a regular spaced repetition flashcard program where each card must be created individually). In other words, the [[temporal pacing]] controls both the pacing of new material and of the review.
[[SuperMemo]] seems to have the most complete implementation of incremental reading, but there is a plugin for [[Anki]] that implements some of the features of incremental reading.
* [https://www.supermemo.com/help/read.htm SuperMemo help page for incremental reading]
* [https://supermemo.guru/wiki/Michael_Nielsen_re-discovers_incremental_reading_with_Anki "Michael Nielsen re-discovers incremental reading with Anki"] by [[Piotr Wozniak]]
* [https://www.supermemo.com/help/faq/read.htm Incremental reading FAQ]
* [[wikipedia:Incremental reading|Incremental reading]] (Wikipedia)
Newer edit →
Retrieved from "
Report errors/view log
Double illusion of transparency
Define then discuss